Latest news: Thanksgiving Day 26th November 2015
Patsy writes: “Happy Thanksgiving! We are grateful for the laying of the cornerstone for the women’s center!”
Ground had been broken earlier this month:
The Women’s Center will provide for:
- Women’s training in living the Christian life, Bible study, prayer, health education, teaching on subjects such as raising a family, contraception, hygiene etc.
- Cottage industries:
- craft items to sell via Fair Trade, local tourist shops and churches in USA, Mauritius and UK.
- making of sanitary pads so that girls will not miss days at school, as currently happens
- External kitchen, with water supply and cooking area
- Internal space for refrigerator and freezer
- Dining space during Diocesan conferences
September 2015 : Todd took on this challenge to bring awareness of the many outstanding needs in the McGregors’ Madagascar Ministry.
We are so pleased to tell you that the team has made it to the summit, and they have already started to descend to the camp. By now they have probably already made it to the descending camp. The team has been fueled by the Lord and have really come together as a team to encourage others in SAMS Global Vision. We can’t wait to hear more from them! We praise God for a successful ascent and what is to come for SAMS. Expect to hear from them yourselves soon if you haven’t already.
Writer and Communications Specialist
The team has completed day 3 of the climb. They climbed about 4-5 hours from 11,450’ to a beautiful overnight camp which is at the base of a lava flow. Everyone is safe and healthy! They are at 13,580’. Here are some pictures from Guy Benton taken early today.