U.S.A. Donors can also give by check payable to: SAMS-USA, PO Box 399, Ambridge, PA 15003. Memo: - Diocese of Toliara or McGregor Support
QUICK MINISTRY UPDATE:
After a weather delay, missionaries Kevin and Donna Steckline arrived in Toliara about a week ago. The day after they arrived they traveled with the bishop, a team of evangelists, a local doctor, and two nuns to set up a clinic in a remote village. Over 200 patients were treated, prayed for, and annointed. They’ve been holding clinics most days since their arrival, with great success.
From Kevin and Donna: “All is well, feeling great and staying healthy and enjoying meeting and ministering to the Malagasy people. They are beautiful, kind and patient. So many things come to mind, I can’t think of what to tell you! So I’ll leave it at this. Just know your prayers are effective and appreciated.”
Looking forward to sharing photos and stories of this precious time!
-People Reaching People
- no flights again today. The Stecklines (who have arrived from USA to lead a medical mission) are still stuck in the capital Antananarivo, and are still unsure about the flight time tomorrow.
- Dr. Zoe and her group, who were supposed to arrive tonight, are still 9+ hours away with a broken down car. They got it fixed and should be on their way tomorrow.
- Medical Mission will take place on Saturday at the expected village. I am sure there will be many people waiting since they expected the group to also come on Friday.
- There has been lots of wind but only sprinkles of rain in Toliara.
- We have had a call from someone in Tamatave, where the Cat 4 cyclone hit badly, and it has been reported that 10 women from the Anglican Mothers’ Union were killed. Thanks for keeping their families and the church in prayer.